Hertfordshire Postcard Artists, Photographers, Publishers, etc.
The "Mirror" trademark was registered by Knight Brothers, of London, in August 1905 and the company ceased trading in 1908. The "16/" cards so far identified are all of Bishops Stortford
16/1 Hockerill Church
16/10 Thorley Church
16/11 Twyford Lock (posted 1906)
16/15 The Parsonage Farm
16/18 Parsonage Mill
When the Wrench Cards ran into difficulties in 1904 two of the employees, Watson & George Knight, began their own business in Dyer's Buildings, Holborn Bars, London, E.C. as the Knight Brothers. Their output, as it relates to Hertfordshire, includes the "Mirror" series of view cards. They set up a limited company in 1906 and ceased trading in about 1908.
if you can supply details (and possibly scans) of other examples relating to Hertfordshire.
ß Old Church, Bengeo
Knight Collection of British View Cards 212/7
ß The Cathedral Interior, St Albans
Knight Collection of British View Cards 156/11
ß St Stephen's Church, St Albans
Knight Collection of British View Cards 156/14
St Peter's Street, St Albans
Knight Collection of British View Cards 156/3
ß The Avenue, Stevenage
Knight Collection of British View Cards 245/6
|May 2014||Page created|
|April 2016||St Albans cards added|
|May 2015||Stevenage card added|